Skip to main content

ALI AND THE MAGIC CARPET




One very hot day Ali finds a carpet in his uncle’s shop.
 ‘What’s this?’

Suddenly the carpet jumps! It moves and flies off into the air.
 ‘Hey! What’s happening?’

A loud booming voice comes from the carpet.
‘Welcome, O master. I am a magic carpet.’

 First, they fly high up into the sky and then they land in a jungle. It is hot and wet and it’s raining.
‘It’s raining! Yuck!’

Then they fly to the desert. It is very, very hot and dry.
‘It is very, very hot today!’

 After that, they fly to the South Pole. There is lots of ice and snow. It’s freezing.
‘Brrr!’

‘Where are we now? I can’t see!’
‘In the mountains. Can you see me?’
‘It’s very foggy.’

 Then they fly to a forest. It’s very windy there.
 ‘Oh, it’s windy in the forest!’

Then they fly to an island in the sea. There are thunder and lightning.
 ‘Aaagh! Let’s go home!’
‘What a storm!’

Finally, they fly back home. The carpet lands in the shop and Ali gets off.
‘Wow! What an adventure!’



*********************************************************************************

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE LUCKY ENVELOPE

A golden envelope fell through the letterbox. On the front it said,  ‘You’ve won!’ ‘Open it!’ shouted Mum, Dalia and Ahmed. Dad opened it. They had won a free holiday.  ‘I hope it’s to the seaside,’ said Dalia. ‘I can swim in the sea and make sandcastles.’  ‘No, I hope it’s a camping holiday,’ said Dad. ‘I can sleep in a tent and get lots of fresh air.’ ‘No, I’d like to go on a cruise,’ said Ahmed. ‘I can watch the dolphins and eat lots of nice food.’ ‘Well, I’d like to go to a big city,’ said Mum. ‘I can go shopping and go to the theatre.’ Then they started to argue. They couldn’t decide. ‘Beach!’ ‘Camping!’ ‘Cruise!’ ‘City!’ They argued until it was dark. Then the phone rang. Dalia answered it.  ‘Hello, this is Lucky Holidays. You’ve won a holiday to sunny Alexandria.’ ‘That’s where my grandma lives.’ ‘This is Grandma!’ ‘Oh Grandma, you tricked us!’  ‘You’re all invited to spend your summer holiday with me.’ ...

I AM TOO ILL

‘I’m too ill to sleep,’ said Siriwat.  ‘Have a drink,’ said his dad.  ‘Ouch, it hurts! I’m too ill to drink.’  Siriwat had a sore throat.  ‘Oh dear,’ said his dad. ‘Here is some medicine.’  ‘I’m too ill to take it.’  Next morning he had a headache.  ‘Ouch, ouch! It hurts!’  ‘Medicine?’  ‘No, I’m too ill.’  By midday, Siriwat had a tummy ache.  ‘Ouch, ouch, ouch! It hurts!’  ‘Oh dear,’ said his dad.  By evening he had an earache.  ‘Ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch! It hurts!’  ‘Oh dear,’ said his dad. ‘I’m calling the doctor.’  ‘I’m too ill to see the doctor,’ said Siriwat.  But the doctor arrived. ‘High temperature!’ she said. ‘Take this medicine.’  ‘Good morning, Dad!’ called Siriwat the next day. ‘I feel much better now!’  **************************************************** To download the practise sheet (PDF) based on this story please Click on. https://drive.googl...